Spring "NO" Break


Time flies when you are in college! That I can promise. So since spring break has ended and it's back to the usual routine of papers and speeches and MORE reading then practice, parties, sleep and start it all over the next week. I'd like to reflect on my spring break. But as the title states I had no break. I just had time away from school but it seemed like I was still in class. I had a huge midterm to study for that I took my first day back from spring break. I also had an essay to write for another class and the research for a essay in another class. A LOT of work? I know but that's the life of a college student, well a nursing student. I may not be into my major courses yet but I do have rigorous workloads.  In between the studying and the research I did manage to get a few zzzz’s in there but I felt as though I was still in class and on campus; the difference was instead of teachers it was my mother and instead of the irritating classmates it was my siblings.

Finally I have some time to blog and talk to my fellow eagles. I hope all of you have received your letters of acceptance CONGRATULATIONS! But you aren’t an official Eagle just yet there is still a lot to do. There is the orientation and the WOW! (week of welcome) and once you complete those events the last is the convocation and the end of the week of welcome where you receive your official Eagle Pin--something that you will hold sacred forever! Wear it proudly. I hope you cherish your memories that you create now. Have the most fun you have ever had at your senior prom, on senior day share all of those memories from your previous years. Cherish the friends that you make and look forward to those you will make in college. The day of graduation is starting to get closer and closer reflect on all your years in school cherish them! It seems so long ago for me when only it was last year that I walked across the stage and received the greatest accomplishment to date my diploma.  That moment  time slowed and became still I looked to my family full of joy and I looked to my fellow classmates and I thought of all the experiences that lead to that single moment and I don't regret anything before that moment. So to you graduating in May or June enjoy the moment but do not let the fact that you finished high school let you slack in college because it only gets more rigorous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment