Dealing With Death


Wow! it seems like it has been forever since the last time I blogged. Well a lot has been going on with me and one important issue that I would like to address is the stresses of college and dealing with the death of a loved one while in college.
 
The first of February I lost my great-grandmother. It has been the hardest thing to deal with since I've been in school. I felt like I would lose it and not be able to finish school. But I've had support from professors, advisors, and those that were close to me. The whole week I did not attend class and felt like I was slipping into depression. I thought about leaving school and taking the semester off , but I had those to around me that kept me positive and able to return to school after her death and get back into campus life. One thing I will say is that make sure you communicate with your professors they are not here just to give you a hard time. They really understand that we all have our own issues to deal with and they will work with you as long and you communicate to them ahead of time. One of the most important reasons for me not leaving is the fact that I am the eldest great-grandchild and my great-grandmother was the proudest one at my high school graduation and too see me going to college and making something of myself made her so happy. So the thought of leaving I knew would have been  unacceptable. I will be the first in my family to graduate from college. I knew that is what she would have wanted. Here I am continuing my education in her honor and for my benefit. I miss her so much and it hurts everyday but slowly I am healing and getting through my lose. It was hard because I was so close to her and I had just talked to her the day before she died. I wasn’t ready to lose my grandmother, but it was her time. One memory that I will keep is the talks we had, we would always talk about school and how she would be at my college graduation, and how proud she was of me. As long as I have my memories of her and the special moments we shared I will be ok and the process of healing will be just a little easier

0 comments:

Post a Comment