The Time Has Finally Come.....

Well Happy new year to all, and what a new year it has been. So many things have been going on since the year began. So where do I begin? Classes have started back and I've noticed that they are beginning to get more difficult than they were last semester. But I am up for the challenge. I've noticed that I've joined the league of the well seasoned college student. After one semester of college I have learned a lot about the do's and don’ts of college. One important issue that I want to touch on is financial aid. Now is the time to start. I cannot stress the importance of filling out your FAFSA (link it to WWW.FAFSA.ED.GOV) and completing the last little bit of your college applications to guarantee that you will be set for the following year. For most college seniors this is one of the most important times of your life, trying to decide where to go, what you plan to study and where you plan to live. This is also an exciting time, because you are graduating and going from a young adult to a full grown independent adult. There are some things that I would like to leave with you as advice when deciding for college









1. Visit all potential schools and ask plenty of questions including the weird and unimportant questions.


2. Facebook works wonders. I would advise that you find someone that attends the school and talk with them about their experiences. This person will become a sort of mentor. I am willing to help those who ask questions.


3. Fill out your FAFSA (link it to WWW.FAFSA.ED.GOV) ASAP, and this will help you in determining if you need loans or apply more scholarships.


4. Attend any open house events as this will be a helpful experience establishing relationship with potential professors and peers.


5. Once you have committed to a college make sure all last minute paper work such as transcripts housing fees and misc. expenses that may come up.


That’s all I have for now.

 
 
 
 
 
P.S. for all incoming freshman please join the Facebook group to chat with other prospective eagles, advisors and current students NCCU Class of 2014 (Official)

0 comments:

Post a Comment