Homecoming pt 2 [Fashion Show]

Greetings to my fellow eagles and all prospective! Today’s topic will consist of the Homecoming fashion show (which my modeling troupe won by the way.YAY!!!!!)




So first was the fashion show, and the theme was the “Fashion Massacre”. The days leading up to the show were very hectic and irritating making sure last minute props were done and appointments were set to do hair and little last minute task. The day of the show went pretty smooth which I wasn’t expecting considering the fact we had all night practice the previous night and I hadn’t had any sleep. I returned to campus at 7am on Thursday and had to immediately prepare for my first class of the day. I soon noticed how tired I really was and drank my last Amp (those have become my best friends in college). Feeling a little bit better I continued with my day without anymore interruptions. After my biology lab I raced back to my room so that I could finish the hem of the skirts I made for the show. At first I didn’t think it would take much time, and that is why I waited 3pm to do them. But as soon as I started I realized it was more work than I thought. Considering the fact I had to meet with my Academic Advisor that day at 4:30 and report to the B.N. Duke auditorium at 5, it seemed impossible to get them done. But thank goodness for roommates like mine. She helped a great deal and we finished with minutes to spare.



Finally it’s time for the show to start and backstage becomes hectic with models running from point A to B needing last minute touch ups on makeup and hair. We finish up and send them to do their opening act. In the opening, all troupes participated in a union entrance. Each troupes then presented a few representatives on stage to create a cluster and the rest went to the back. Then once each troupe presented the rest of the models that went to the back returned in lines in the aisles, and the presidents from each troupe appeared in the front for recognition. Then the show began. The lineup including the following modeling troupes: Blaque Mystique, Bon Vivant Fashion Society, Evalesco, Prestige, Team Paradyce. I was unable to watch the other troupe’s performances because the fashion show had sold out and there was no room left for the troupes to see the other performances. But our show was exceptionally different and truly embodied the meaning of a fashion massacre. Our scheme was the BVFS asylum and the three patients were admitted for their addiction to money, accessories, and shoes. During the first scene the patients are brought out and the head Nurse (our president Mercadees Gray) admitted them and listed the daily schedule. Then the curtains close after the girls are put under sedation and they open up to the girls waking up and realizing where they are then they jump out the chairs and begin the women’s routine. After that the creative runway scene occurs. Then the men’s routine and their runway are next. After that it is the union scene between the women and men it was set up as a seduction scene and for the women patients to seduce the males (the doctors) to get out of the asylum. The finale was the whole troupe on the stage and in the aisles. After we finished our set we then began the long wait for them to announce the winners. It seemed like FOREVER and then finally they announced BON VIVANT as the winners and we ran to the stage. It was so exciting especially this being my freshman year and the first time I participated in an organization as such. So I say Congrats to my Bon Vivant Family and to all the others. WE’RE THE BEST!!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment