HomeComing Part I


Recently we celebrated our Centennial Homecoming; it was quite interesting and important. This being our centennial it was an important one. But it tends to be complicated because NC A&T, and WSSU also had their homecomings at the same time. Even with that obstacle we had a pretty fun homecoming. The first part of home coming consisted of the Comedy show, the Pre-dawn and the Coronation. The comedy show was one of the highlights of homecoming we had Benji Brown, Corey Holcomb and Kevin Hart. It was exciting and I had so much fun laughing and crying at the jokes. First there was Benji Brown with his famous impressions of a female and her friends. He talked about the typical female clique and how the act one way in front of each other but when they separate they talk trash about the others. Everything he said was so true which made it SOO SOO much funnier because females tend to act like that a lot. Then Corey Holcomb came on the stage and told real life situations. To some these jokes offended them but these real life situations concerning abortion, and bodily anatomy. With Corey Holcomb we were taken “to school” and learned the real things that they don’t teach us in class. Ha-ha. The final act was Kevin Hart. He was absolutely funny. His material was original and new. I would love to talk about it but because he was doing an HBO show he asked that we not discuss it or record it before it aired on television. I will say that as usual he talked about his kids and how they acted. He also talked about daily life and his attitude and temperament. I enjoyed myself and seriously have never laughed so hard in my life. On Saturday there was the Pre-Dawn “Survival of the Fittest.” It was a concert/Party, and they booked Shawty Lo, an artist known for being in the group D4L and having singles such as “Foolish” and “Dunn Dunn.” Unfortunately I didn’t get to see him perform but I did enjoy myself hanging with my friends and some of the members from my organization. On Sunday the Coronation was held in the B.N. Duke auditorium. This was a ceremony in which the Mr. and Miss of all organizations were presented to the public. I did not attend but I was told that it was lovely and exciting.


0 comments:

Post a Comment